AuthorMessage
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady

PostSubject: Accepting reality   Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Accepting reality

“...self-contempt never inspires lasting change.”

-- Jane R. Hirschmann and Carol H. Munter

I can suck myself down into a deep, black hole when I focus on what I think I SHOULD be… more loving, sexy, productive, whatever. Thinking I should be something else means I’m not good enough now. This is poverty thinking and a guaranteed way to be miserable.

I can let go of this suffering by accepting WHAT IS. I can say, “This is how I am right now and that’s okay.”

When I first tried this, I could say it but not believe it. Then I began to experience the freedom this perspective brings – just by changing my mind! Now I’m beginning to believe it. What a gift!

“When we stop opposing reality, action becomes simple, fluid, kind, and fearless.”

-- Byron Katie

lights on feelgood

View user profile
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady

PostSubject: Re: Accepting reality   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Solane Star wrote:

“When we stop opposing reality, action becomes simple, fluid, kind, and fearless.”

-- Byron Katie

lights on feelgood

View user profile
RavenGirl
Hawk in the Sky
Hawk in the Sky

PostSubject: Re: Accepting reality   Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 pm

This post speaks of wisdom far beyond the surface. When we practise acceptance, we break through the illusions to reality. We create harmony for ourselves and get to know who we truly are which puts us in touch with our needs as opposed to our wants. Our needs on a spiritual level are connected to our purpose - the thing that gives our lives meaning.

Language is so powerful and important. It defines reality. Do we really want to 'fight' life or do we want to connect with life and expand with it becoming all that we can be? How do you really feel about yourself and your path? Listen to your words and you will find out. Are you speaking negatively? Are you tied up in shoulds? Do you feel gratitude for what you have or are you focused on what is missing? What are you creating - a fight or a connection? To live purposefully, get to know yourself - go inwards and explore your reality. Reprogram the language you use to reflect that person outwardly. Instead of saying 'I can't....' change the message to what you can and do want or do. It will change your life thumbsup

PostSubject: Re: Accepting reality   

Back to top Go down

Accepting reality
Page 1 of 1