How much of this is mine?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solane Star
DragonFly Lady
DragonFly Lady

PostSubject: How much of this is mine?   Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:01 am

"The collective energy generated from the feelings, thoughts, and attitudes of the almost six billion people on this planet creates an atmosphere or 'consciousness climate.' Surrounding us like the air we breathe, this consciousness climate affects us most strongly on energetic and emotional levels."

-- Doc Childre and Howard Martin

Feeling angry, sad or anxious? You might ask, “How much of this is mine?”

Those of us who are sensitive sometimes pick up on emotional, mental or physical energy in the environment. It feels like ours – we really do feel the emotions or physical or mental symptoms. But really, we are processing ‘generic’ energies that belong to others or to humanity as a whole.

Opening to the possibility that our experiences may not be completely ours helps us detach from them. When we don’t completely identify with our thoughts and feelings, we gain power over them.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear … as it is, infinite.”

-- William Blake

View user profile

Page 1 of 1